1. Vitamins are organic compounds.
2. Vitamins are classified by their biological and chemical activity, not by their structure.
3. Vitamins have diverse biochemical functions.
4. Some vitamins are water soluble while others are fat soluble.
5. Vitamin A deficiency causes night blindness.
6. Vitamin B1 deficiency causes beriberi.
7. Vitamin B5 plays a major role in the manufacture of RBC.
8. Leafy vegetables are excellent sources of vitamins.
9. Vitamin C deficiency causes scurvy.
10. Sunlight is an excellent source of vitamin D.