1. Among the biotic components of the ecosystem, the producer system is ?
c. Green Plants
Answer: Option C- Green Plants
2. Which of has following group of gases contribute to the ‘Green House Effect’ ?
a. Carbon tetrafluoride and Nitrous oxide
b. Carbon monoxide and Sulphur dioxide
c. Ammonia and Ozone
d. Carbon dioxide and Methane
Answer: Option D- Carbon dioxide and Methane
3. Nitrification means
(a) Liquifaction of nitrogen
(b) Convert the atmospheric nitrogen to effective nitrogen compound.
(c) Production of nitrogen from air
(d) Conversion of nitrogen to nitric acid.
Answer: Convert the atmospheric nitrogen to effective nitrogen compound.
4. Photoelectric effect was discovered by
5. Which one of the following air pollution can affect blood stream leading to death ?
b. Asbestos dust
c. Carbon monodioxide
Answer: Option C- Carbon monodioxide
6. What is Pollination ?
a. germination of pollen grains
b. growth of pollen tube in ovule
c. transfer of pollen from anther to stigma
d. visiting flowers by insects
Answer: Option C- transfer of pollen from anther to stigma
7. Plants receive their nutrients mainly from ?
Answer: Option D- soil
8. What is movement of cell against concentration gradient is called
b. active transport
d. passive transport
Answer: Option B- active transport
9. The mushroom that we eat is :
a.) tightly packed mycelium
b.) mass of fungal spores
c.) a plant
d.) is a kind of flesh
Answer: mass of fungal spores
10. If you want to convert cooking oil into vegetable ghee, the process that you would use is _____________.