141. The working principle of washing machine is
(c) reverse osmosis
142. Newton’s first law is also called as –
(a) law of energy
(b) law of motion
(c) law of inertia
(d) law of momentum
Answer: law of inertia
143. The study of phenomena at very low temperatures is called:
w) heat transfer
144. Superconductivity is a material property associated with:
w) cooling a substance without a phase change
x) frictionless liquid flow
y) a loss of thermal resistance
z) a loss of electrical resistance
ANSWER: A LOSS OF ELECTRICAL RESISTANCE
145. If a metal can be drawn into wires relatively easily it is called:
146. What are the three elements of a bipolar transistor? Are they the:
w) grid, plate, cathode
x) suppressor, deflector, target
y) energizer, controller, terminus
z) emitter, base, collector
ANSWER: EMITTER, BASE, COLLECTOR
147. Seawater (i.e. saltwater) freezes at:
w) the same temperature as fresh water.
x) at a slightly higher temperature than fresh water.
y) at a slightly lower temperature than fresh water.
z) seawater does not freeze.
ANSWER: AT A SLIGHTLY LOWER TEMPERATURE THAN FRESH
148. What substance was used as a moderator for the chain reaction in the first nuclear reactor?
149. What range of frequencies are usually referred to as audio
frequencies for humans?
w) 0 to 20 Hertz
x) 20 to 20,000 Hertz
y) 200 to 200,000 Hertz
z) 10,000 to 30,000 Hertz
ANSWER: 20 TO 20,000 HERTZ
150. What range of frequencies are usually referred to as the UHF Band?
w) 3 to 30 Megahertz
x) 30 to 300 Megahertz
y) 300 to 3,000 Megahertz
z) 30,000 to 300,000 Megahertz
ANSWER: 300 TO 3,000 MEGAHERTZ