11. The best indicator of economic development of any country is ?
a. Its agriculture
b. Its transport
c. Its gross production
d. Its per capita income
Answer: Option D- Its per capita income
12. What is the mainstay of Indian economy ?
c. Public sector
Answer: Option D- Agriculture
13. India is the largest milk producing country in the world .
Answer: Option A
14. Who was the father of Operation Flood ?
a. Dr. Norman Borlaug
b. Dr. M.S. Swaminathan
c. Dr. Verghese Kurien
d. Dr. William Gande
Answer: Option C – Dr. Verghese Kurien
15. The increase in oil seeds production was due to ?
a. White revolution
b. Yellow revolution
c. Green revolution
d. Brown revolution
Answer: Option B- Yellow revolution
16. SAARC University will have its head office in–
(A) Dhaka (Bangladesh)
(B) New Delhi (India)
(C) Colombo (Sri Lanka)
(D) Male (Maldives)
Answer: New Delhi (India)
17. The base year of present Consumer Price Index (CPI) for Rural Labourer is–
18. MRTP is related to–
(A) Monopolies and Restrictive Trade Practices
(B) Inflation control
(C) Transport control
(D) Foreign Exchange Regulations
Answer: Monopolies and Restrictive Trade Practices
19. Which among the following contribute the minimum in collection of one rupee as per estimates of Union Budget 2014-15 ?
(A) Corporation Tax
(B) Income Tax
(D) Union Excise duty
20. ‘Apna Khet, Apna Kaam’ (i.e., Own Field, Own Work) is a new scheme under MNREGA has been initiated in the state–
(D) Madhya Pradesh