161. What does the term NSDL stands for?
a) National Securities Development Limited
b) National Securities Depository Limited
c) National Safety Development Limited
d) Natural Safety Deployment Limited
Answer: National Securities Depository Limited
162.Which one of the following was launched with the objective of helping the poor in rural areas to become self employed?
163. In Indian economy, the principal means of transportation is
164. Which of the following organizations looks after the credit needs of agriculture and rural development in India?
165. Which of the following estimates the National Income in India?
a) Central Statistical Organization
b) National Income Committee
c) Planning commission
d) Reserve Bank of India
Answer: Central Statistical Organization
166. In India which of the following taxes is levied by the state governments?
a) Excise duty on liquor
b) Capital gains tax
c) Customs tax
d) corporation tax
Answer: Excise duty on liquor
167. Which of the following is not a cash crop?
168. Which among the following treaties provided for a common currency for the member countries of European Community?
a) Brussels Treaty
b) Geneva Convention
c) Maastricht Treaty
d) Treaty of Versailles
Answer: Maastricht Treaty
169. With which aspect of commerce are ‘Bulls and Bears’ associated?
a) Foreign Trade
b) Stock Exchange market
d) international finance
Answer: Stock Exchange market
170. State Financial Corporations give assistance mainly to develop
a) small and medium scale industries
b) agricultural farms
c) cotton industry
d) large scale industries
answer: small and medium scale industries