171. In which of the following fields was the first co-operative movement in India initiated?
a) agricultural credit
b) farming activities
c) consumer co-operation
d) agricultural marketing
Answer: agricultural credit
172. Which of the following taxes is a progressive tax?
a) income tax
b) custom tax
c) sales tax
d) excise duty
Answer: income tax
173. In which year was the policy of population planning adopted by the government of India?
174. Which of the following taxes is/are levied by the Union and collected and appropriated by the states?
a) stamp duties
b) passenger and good tax
c) estate duty
d) taxes on newspapers
Answer: stamp duties
175. The terms TRIPS and TRIMS are related to
176. In which year was the new liberalized industrial policy announced in India?
177. During which Five Year Plan was the annual growth rate of National Income the lowest?
a) second plan
b) third plan
c) fifth plan
d) sixth plan
Answer: third plan
178. Chelliah Committee of 1992 deals with the overhauling of our
a) public sector undertakings
b) financial system
c) tax system
d) patents and copyrights
Answer: tax system
179. Economic planning is an essential feature of
a) capitalist economy
b) socialist economy
c) mixed economy
d) dual economy
answer: socialist economy
180. Which among the following is an essential characteristic of mixed economy?
a) co-existence of small scale and large scale industries
b) co-existence of private and public sectors
c) assigning equal importance to both agriculture and heavy industries
d) co-existence of the rich and the poor
Answer: co-existence of private and public sectors