121. Which country has the largest coast line?
Answer: Option C – Canada
122. Guwahati is situated on the banks of river?
123. The Gulf of Mannar is situated along the coast which state in India?
(C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: Tamil Nadu
124. The city of Nasik is situated on the banks of which river in India?
125. Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched—
(A) Haldia : Orissa
(B) Jamnagar : Maharashtra
(C) Numaligarh : Gujarat
(D) Panangudi : Tamil Nadu
Answer: Panangudi : Tamil Nadu
126. Which one of the following rivers originates near Mahabaleshwar ?
127. The river Godavari is often referred to as Vridha Ganga because
A. it is the older river of India
B. of its large size and extent among the peninsular rivers
C. there are a fairly large number of pilgrimage centres situated on its banks
D. its length is nearly the same as that of the river Ganges
Answer: Option B – of its large size and extent among the peninsular rivers
128. The scarcity or crop failure of which of the following can cause a serious edible oil crisis in India?
Answer: Option B – Groundnut
The pennines (Europe), Appalachians (America) and the Aravallis (India) are examples of
A. old mountains
B. young mountains
C. fold mountains
D. block mountains
Answer & Explanation
Answer: Option A