251. The biggest number of jute mills in India is in West Bengal because—
(A) This is the region of raw materials for jute products
(B) The climate is suitable
(C) It is near the consuming area
(D) Cheap supply of labour is available here
Ans : (A)This is the region of raw materials for jute products
252. Which one of the following is the centre for cycle industry ?
Ans : (B) Sonipat
253. Wet climate is suitable for cotton textile Industry because—
(A) Cotton yarn cannot be spun successfully under dry conditions
(B) The efficiency of the workers increases
(C) The rate of damage of machinery is decreased
(D) The rate of consumption electric power is decreased
Ans : (A) Cotton yarn cannot be spun successfully under dry conditions
254. ‘Lalimli Mill’ is in the town—
Ans : (C)Kanpur
255. Which one of the following cities in India is famous for gold wire embroidery on silken sarees even in foreign countries?
Ans : (B)Varanasi
256. Dalda brand vegetable Product is manufactured in—
Ans : (A)Mumbai
257. Which one of the following towns in famous for glass bangles all over India?
Ans : (D)Firozabad
258. Which is the longest road of India?
(A) Pathankot Jammu Road
(B) Great Deccan Road
(C) Grand Trunk Road
(D) Mahatma Gandhi Road
Ans : (C) Grand Trunk Road
259. Dum Dum airport is in—
Ans : (B) Kolkata
260. At present what is the length of Western Railway line?
(A) 6,475 kms
(B) 10,973 kms
(C) 7,051 kms
(D) 7,160 kms
Ans : (A) -6,475 kms