71. In which one of the following States has India’s largest private sector sea port been commissioned recently?
A. Andhra Pradesh
D. Tamil Nadu
Answer : A. Andhra Pradesh
72. The oldest mountains in India are
D. Nilgiri hills
Answer: Option A- Aravalis
73. Consider the following countries:
Through which of the above does the Tropic of Capricorn pass?
A. 1 only
B. 2, 3 and 4
C. 1, 2 and 3
D. 1, 2, 3 and 4
Answer : D. 1, 2, 3 and 4
74. Which of the following groups of rivers have their source of origin in Tibet?
A. Brahmaputra, Ganges and Sutlej
B. Ganges, Sutlej and Yamuna
C. Brahmaputra, Indus and Sutlej
D. Chenab, Ravi and Sutlej
Answer: Option C- Brahmaputra, Indus and Sutlej
75. In India, the ports are categorized as major and non-major ports. Which one of the following is a non-major port?
A. Kochi (Cochin)
D. New Mangalore
Answer : B.- Dahej
76. Which of the following measures are effective for soil conservation in India?
I. Avoiding crop rotation
III. Encouraging the use of chemical fertilizers
IV. Limiting shifting cultivation
A. I and II
B. II and IV
C. III and IV
D. I, II and III
Answer: Option B – II and IV
77. In which one of the following places is the Shompen tribe found?
A. Nilgiri Hills
B. Nicobar Islands
C. Spiti Valley
D. Lakshadweep islands
Answer : B- Nicobar Islands
78. Which of the following crops needs maximum water per hectare?
Answer: Option C – Sugarcane
79. In which state is the Buddhist site Tabo Monastery located?
A. Arunachal Pradesh
B. Himachal Pradesh
Answer : B- Himachal Pradesh
80. Where is the famous Virupaksha temple located?
Answer : C- Hampi