31. Consider the following statements:
1. Deputy Speaker and Speaker may resign by writing to each other
2. Attorney General and Solicitor General may resign by writing to each other
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
[C]Both 1 & 2
[D]Neither 1 nor 2
Answer: [A]Only 1
32. The President of India can nominate ___members in Lok Sabha and __ members in Rajya Sabha.
Answer: 2, 12
33. The jurisdiction covering the Andaman and Nicobar islands falls under the supervision of __:
[A]A circuit bench of the Bombay High Court at Port Blair
[B]A circuit bench of the Madras High Court at Port Blair
[C]A circuit bench of the Kolkata High Court at Port Blair
[D]A circuit bench of Supreme Court of India at Port Blair
Answer: A circuit bench of the Kolkata High Court at Port Blair
34. Jurisdiction of which among the following high courts covers the Union Territory of Lakshadweep?
[A]Tamil Nadu High Court
[B]Kerala High Court
[C]Kolkata High Court
[D]Bombay High Court
Answer: Kerala High Court
35. The number of judges can be altered in the Supreme Court by __:
[B]Parliament by Law
[C]Supreme Court by Notification
[D]Central Government by notification
Answer: Parliament by Law
36. How long a person should have practiced in a High Court to be eligible to be appointed as a Judge of Supreme Court of India?
Answer: 10 Years
37. Via which among the following amendments of the Constitution of India, Delhi was designated as National Capital Territory (NCT)?
[A]63rd Amendment Act
[B]69th Amendment Act
[C]74th Amendment Act
[D]76th Amendment Act
Answer: 69th Amendment Act
38. What is the tenure for the members of Public Account Committee?
Ans: One Year
39. In India when was first emergency was implemented?
Ans: 26th October, 1962
40. In India, a three tier Panchayat is envisaged for states which have a population above__:
Answer: 20 Lakh