51. Which among the following is the middle unit of Three Tier Panchayati Raj System?
[D] Gram Sabha
Answer: Panchayat Samiti
52. Setting up of which one of the following is not stated in the constitution of India ?
(A) Planning Commission
(B) Finance Commission
(C) Election Commission
(D) Union Public Service Commission
Answer: Planning Commission
53. A Money Bill in the Parliament can be introduced only with the recommendation of the—
(A) President of India
(B) Union Cabinet
(C) Speaker of the Lok Sabha
(D) Union Finance Minister
Answer: President of India
54. Panchayats at the intermediate level may not be constituted in a state, having a population less than—
(A) Ten Lakhs
(B) Fifteen Lakhs
(C) Twenty Lakhs
(D) Twenty five Lakhs
Answer: Twenty Lakhs
55. Who has been the only Lok Sabha Speaker to have become the President of India ?
(A) Gyani Zail Singh
(B) V. V. Giri
(C) Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
(D) K. R. Narayanan
Answer: Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
56. What does the Constitution (Ninety Second Amendment) Act, 2003 deal with ?
(A) Creation of a separate National Commission for Scheduled Tribes
(B) Cyber Crime
(C) Inclusion of Bodo, Dogri, Maithili and Santhali languages in the Eighth Schedule
(D) Making right to free and compulsory education a fundamental right
Answer: Inclusion of Bodo, Dogri, Maithili and Santhali languages in the Eighth Schedule
57. Who among the following is the Chairman of the Steering Committee to oversee the functions of the National Authority Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) ?
(A) The President
(B) The Prime Minister
(C) The National Security Adviser
(D) The Cabinet Secretary
Answer: The Cabinet Secretary
58. Who presides over the joint sitting of the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha ?
(A) The Speaker of the Lok Sabha
(B) The Vice-President
(C) The President
(D) The Union Minister of Parliamentary Affairs
Answer: The Speaker of the Lok Sabha
59. The electoral college that elects the Vice-President of India consists of—
(A) Members of Rajya Sabha only
(B) Elected members of both the houses of Parliament
(C) Members of both the houses of Parliament
(D) Members of the Rajya Sabha and the Legislative Assemblies of states
Answer: Members of both the houses of Parliament
60. Which one of the following political theories advocates the withering away of the state and ushering in a new society in which there will be no state and no ceasses ?
(B) Democratic Socialism
(D) Fabian Socialism