61. A National emergency on the grounds of security threat is proclaimed under which among the following articles?
Answer: Article 352
62. Which among the following committee was appointed by the government of India in 1986 to revitalize panchayati raj institutions for democracy and development ?
[B]G.V.K. Rao Committee
[C]Ashok Mehta Committee
[D]The Balwant Rai Mehta Committee
Answer: L.M.Singhvi Committee
63. Which among the following is not true about the Notified Area Committee ?
[A]It is an area which does not necessarily fulfill all the conditions for the constitution of the municipality
[B]It is created in an area which is fast developing and where new industries are set up
[C]All the members are appointed by the state government
[D]Notified Area Committee is constituted by an act of legislatures
Answer: Notified Area Committee is constituted by an act of legislatures
64. Which of the following commissions was formed in 1983 to recommend the relationship and balance of power between state and central governments ?
Answer: Sarkaria Commission
65. According to the provisions of which article of the Indian Constitution that the Parliament can create a new all India service, if a resolution is passed by Rajya Sabha?
Answer: Article 312
66. The power to vote money for public expenditure vests in __:
1. Lok Sabha
2. Rajya Sabha
3. Legislative Assembly
4. Legislative Council
Choose the correct option from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 1 & 3
[C]Only 1, 2, & 3
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
Answer: Only 1 & 3
67. Recently, who among the following took over as Chief Election Commissioner from B.B. Tandon ?
(A) M. Damodaran
(B) N. Gopalaswamy
(C) Y. V. Reddy
(D) S. Y. Qureshi
Answer: N. Gopalaswamy
68. When did the United Nations Organization come into existence ?
(A) October 24, 1945
(B) October 24, 1943
(C) November 26, 1945
(D) November 26, 1943
Answer: October 24, 1945
69. According to the Preamble of the Constitution, India is a—
(A) Sovereign democratic socialist republic
(B) Sovereign socialist secular republic
(C) Sovereign democratic republic
(D) Sovereign socialist secular democratic republic
Answer: Sovereign socialist secular democratic republic
70. Match list-I with list-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists—
(State) (Full statehood granted in)
(a) Goa 1. 1966
(b) Haryana 2. 1972
(c) Meghalaya 3. 1975
(d) Sikkim 4. 1987
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 3 1 2 4
(B) 4 2 1 3
(C) 3 2 1 4
(D) 4 1 2 3
Answer: (D) 4 1 2 3