141. Who was Bhadrabahu?
(A) He was the first tirthankar of the Jainas
(B) He was a Vedic Rishi
(C) He was a Buddhist monk
(D) He was the sixth guru of the Jainas
Answer: He was a Buddhist monk
142. Which of the following is incorrect?
(A) Mahayanism teaches non-reality of phenomenal objects
(B) Mahayanism accepts the conception of countless Buddhas and Bodhisatvas
(C) Mahayanism defies Buddha
(D) Mahayanism rejects worship of god & goddess
Answer: Mahayanism rejects worship of god & goddess
143. Jain works were compiled in—
144. How many cities were in existence during Buddha’s time?
145. Which one of the following was the most common occupation for slaves?
(A) Agricultural labor
(B) Working in guilds
(C) Domestic service in Households
(D) Settlement in newly cleared areas
Answer: Domestic service in Households
146. The theory of the origin of the state not mentioned in the Vedic literature is—
(A) The contract theory
(B) The force theory
(C) The evolutionary theory
(D) The divine theory
Answer: The evolutionary theory
147. The conceusces among historians that the vedic age began earliest in—
(A) 1200—1000 B.C.
(B) 2500—800 B.C.
(C) 2500 B.C.
(D) 1000 BC.
Answer: 1000 BC.
148. In ancient times ‘Sectora’ was situated in—
(A) The Mouth of Mediterranean Sea
(B) The Mouth of Indus valley
(C) The Mouth of Narmada River
(D) The Mouth of Red sea
Answer: The Mouth of Red sea
149. The Gupta gold and silver issues were initially based on the coins of the —
(A) Romans and the Saka Kshatrapas
(B) Kushanas and Yaudheyas
(C) Kushanas and Saka Kshatrapas
(D) Romans and Kushanas
Answer: Kushanas and Saka Kshatrapas
150. The ultimate ownership of land during the post-Gupta period lay with —
(A) The cultivation
(B) The village community
(C) The king
(D) The joint family
Answer: The king