151. Swami Vivekananda was born in an affluent family in ……….on 12 January 1863.
152. Swami Vivekananda’s father, …………., was a successful attorney with interests in a wide
range of subjects.
a) Vishwanath Datta
b) Narendra Nath Datta
c) Sri Ramakrishna
d) Rashik Krishna Mallik
Answer: Vishwanath Datta
153. Swami Vivekananda graduated from ………….University.
154. In November 1881, Narendra went to meet …………..who was staying at the Kali Temple in
a) Sri Ramakrishna
b) Rashik Krishna Mallik
c) Dakhinaranjan Mukhopadhyay
d) Ramgopal Ghose
Answer: Sri Ramakrishna
155. Who founded the Ramakrishna Mission?
b) Satkari Datta
d) Sri Ramakrishna Parama Hamsar
156. Swami Vivekananda attended the World’s Parliament of Religions held in Chicago in
157. Vivekananda felt that the Parliament would provide the right forum to present his Master’s
message to the world, and so he decided to go to America. Another reason which prompted
Swamiji to go to America was to seek financial help for his project of uplifting the masses.swamiji,
however, wanted to have an inner certitude and divine call regarding his mission. Both of these he
got while he sat in deep meditation on the rock-island at ……………….
158. Whose speeches at the World’s Parliament of Religions held in September 1893 made him
famous as an ‘orator by divine right’ and as a ‘Messenger of Indian wisdom to the Western world’.
a) Swami Vivekananda
b) Sri Ramakrishna
c) Chandra Sekhar Deb
d) Shyama Charan Sen
Answer: Swami Vivekananda
159. When Ramakrishna Mission founded?
160.In early 1898 Swami Vivekananda acquired a big plot of land on the western bank of the
Ganga at a place called Belur to have a permanent abode for the monastery and monastic Order
originally started at Baranagar, and got it registered as Ramakrishna Math after a couple of years.