171. Who among the following launched the Home Rule Movement in 1916 ?
Answer: Annie Besant
172. Who among the following presided the Karachi session of Indian National Congress in 1931?
[A]Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
[B]Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
[C]Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya
[D]Dr. M A Ansari
Answer: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
173. On which among the following dates, execution of Bhagat Singh took place ?
[B]April 23, 1931
[C]March 23, 1931
[D]March 14, 1931
Answer: March 23, 1931.
174. On which among the following dates, the Gandhi-Irwin Pact was signed?
[A]5 March 1931
[B]6 March 1941
[C]4 March 1931
[D]15 March 1931
Answer: 5 March 1931
175. Who among the following was the author of Anand Math?
[A]Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
[C]Raja Ram Mohan Roy
[D]Bal Gangadhar Tilak
Answer: Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
176. The Indian National Association formed in Calcutta by whom among the following?
[C]Prasanno Kumar Tagore
Answer: Surendranath Banerjee
177. Who among the following edited and published the newspaper Indian Mirror in 1861?
[D]Manmohan Ghosh and Devendranath Tagore
Answer: Manmohan Ghosh and Devendranath Tagore
178. The first meeting of Indian National Congress was held in Bombay in1885 A.D. under the leadership of __:
[B]Sir C. Sankaran Nair
[C]Vyomesh Chandra Banerjee
Answer: Vyomesh Chandra Banerjee
179.During the times of Governor-General Lord Ellenborough, which among the following acts declared slavery as illegal ?
Answer: Act V
180. What was the title of the famous work of Dadabhai Naoroji, via which he made important observations about the decline of Indian Economy during the British Era?
[A]Poverty Under British Rule in India
[B]Poverty in British Rule in India
[C]Poverty and Un British Rule in India
[D]Indian Poverty and British Rule
Answer: Poverty and Un British Rule in India