181. The magna carta of western education system in India is___?
[A] The report of the Committee of Public Instruction, 1823
[B] The Charter Act of 1833
[C] Report of the Hunter Commission, 1862
[D] Wood’s Despatch, 1854
Answer: Wood’s Despatch, 1854
182. Who among the following preached the doctrine of “One religion, one caste and one God for mankind“?
[A] Jyotiba Phule
[C] Sri Narayan Guru
[D] Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
Answer: Sri Narayan Guru
183. The leader of revolt of 1857 in Lucknow was __?
[A] Tatya Tope
[B] Maulvi Ahmadullah Shah
[C] Birjis Qadir
[D] Begum Hazrat Mahal
Answer: Begum Hazrat Mahal
184. Which among the following was annexed into the East India territories via the Doctrine of Lapse?
185. Who among the following entered into a triple alliance against Haider immediately before the first Anglo-Mysore war of 1767-69 ?
1. The English
2. Nizam of Hyderabad
3. The Marathas
4. Raja of Travancore
Choose the correct option from the codes given below:
[A] 1, 2, 3
[B] 1, 3, 4
[C] 1, 2, 4
[D] 2, 3, 4
1, 2, 3
186. Which among the following was the first Presidency of British East India Company in India ?
187. Who among the following was the founder of French East India Company for trade in India?
[B] Francois Martin
[C] Francois Caron
[D] De La Haye
188. On which among the following occasions, Bombay was handed over to Britishers by the Portuguese ?
[A] Freedom of Portuguese from the control of Spain
[B] Marriage of Charles II with the Portuguese princess Catherine of Braganza
[C] Crushing of Spanish Armada by British in 1588
[D] The Treaty of Madrid in 1630
Answer: Marriage of Charles II with the Portuguese princess Catherine of Braganza
189. Which among the following Sultans called himself Naib-i-Khudai?
[C] Alauddin Khalji
[D] Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq
190. Which among the following was the venue of the Second Round Table Conference at London?
[A] St. James Palace
[B] Kingsley Palace
[C] Buckingham Palace
[D] 10, Downing Street
Answer: St. James Palace