231. In which among the following countries, Battaglione Azad Hindoustan, a legion unit of Indian National Army (Azad Hind Fauj) was formed during the World War II ?
232. Communal Awards to grant separate electorates to minority communities in India, including Muslims, Sikhs and Dalits was given by_:
Answer: Ramsay MacDonald
233. Fatehchand (one of the traitors of Plassey) was bestowed with the title of Jagath Seth by __?
[A] Alivardi Khan
[C] Mir Zafar
[D] Muhammad Shah
Answer: Muhammad Shah
234. Who was the Nawab of Bengal when the incident of “Black Hole” took place ?
[A] Mir Zafar
[B] Mir Qasim
[C] Alivardi Khan
235. With reference to Bahadur Shah Zafar, which among the following statements is not true?
[A] He was an emperor without empire
[B] He was a warrior without any war experience
[C] Hassan Askari was his spiritual guide
[D] He succeeded to the throne in 1845 A.D.
Answer: He succeeded to the throne in 1845 A.D.
236. Who of the following wrote the first Indian poetic work in English?
[A] Kashi Prasad Ghosh
[B] Ramchandra Vidyavagish
[C] Krishna Mohan Banerjee
Answer: Kashi Prasad Ghosh
237. The Portuguese built their first fortress in India at __?
238. Which was the first State to be created on linguistic basis ?
[B] Andhra Pradesh
[C] Andhra State
Answer: Andhra State
239. The Bijauliya Movement is related to the agrarian struggle in the current state of __?
240. Who was the President of the “Flag Committee” ?
[A] B. R. Ambedkar
[B] J. B. Kriplani
[C] K. M. Munshi
[D] D. P. Khetan
Answer: J. B. Kriplani