Everyone has Google id, we can use this for e-mails, or few others might be active on Google+ and YouTube…But did you know that this single ID could be put to other amazing uses?
- Turn Google drive into your jukebox
Google drive is a great cloud service to store all your documents, presentations and spread sheets. But you can use also use it to create your own virtual jukebox that lets you stream your songs to wherever you are as long as you have an internet connection.
- To listen the music you are uploaded to drive, visit www.drivetunes.org and sign in with your Google account
- Allow Drive tunes to access your Google Drive by clicking Accept. The website automatically detects and lists all MP3 and MP4 files, letting you play your tunes from any web-enabled computer.
- You can install apps like CloudBeats Lite or GDrive (for iOS) or CloudAround (for Android devices)
2. RUN YOUR OWN SHOW ON YOUTUBE
With your Google account,a webcam, and a good microphone, you can start your own channel on YouTube.
To create a video…
- Log in to YouTube with your Google ID; click on your account name at the top right-hand corner, and click My Channels to create one.
- Click the Upload button at the top of the page.
- Then, in the Privacy drop-down list, select Private.
- Now click the Record button under Webcam capture to start rolling. Once done, stop the recording and click Play to preview
- Click Publish to finalise your recording or Start Over to do a retake.
3. MAKE YOUR OWN MAPS
You can use Google maps. The service lets you create custom maps,add waypoint symbols and colours and more..
- Sign into Google Maps, click My Places> create maps
- Something called Maps Engine Lite will open in a new tab
- You can now use this interface to plot your route.
Once you are done, click the Share button to send it via e-mail, Google+, Facebook or Twitter
4. MANAGE YOUR OWN PHONE CONTACTS
Changing your smartphone can be a chore, especially when you have to copy all your contacts from one handset to the other.
- In your inbox, click the drop down labelled Gmail
- Select Contacts, and in a time slot effort, manually update phone numbers, email IDs etc. Alternatively, if you have an existing backup in the CSV or vCard format, click on More>Import.
- Now, whenever you switch handsets, all you need to do is add this Google account and set it to sync Contacts
- Whenever you add a new number on your smartphone, make sure it is synced to this Google account.
5. PRINT FROM ANYWHERE
To set up your home computer
- Make sure your printer is ON
- In the chrome browser, click the menu button and select Settings.
- Click the show advanced settings.. link
- Scroll down to the Google Cloud Print section and sign in to enable the service
- Select your printer in the list, click Add Printers, and you are ready to go
To print from a remote computer
- Ensure that your printer and the PC that is connected to are switched ON.
- Sign in with your Google account in Chrome
- Click on the menu button, and select the Print option
- In the print panel that appears, under Destination, click on Change.. to select your remote printer. Hit printer
Android and iOS Apps like Google print and Print Central Pro can also be used to send prints using Google’s cloud print service.